Monday, July 11, 2011

MIM # 22 Multi-color stamping with Ink Refills

Nothing like waiting until the last minute to submit a card for MIM. It's not that I was really procrastinating, it's just my limited supply of reinkers was preventing me from attempting this challenge.  Most of my reinkers are browns, blacks, and goldtone.  I only had two colors that coordinated.  I also had no foam in my crafting supplies.  However, many moons ago I purchased a product to make one's own stamp pads.  After hunting it down I was able to make this card using Botanical Silhouettes, Happy Trails and the sentiment from Flower Fusion #3.  Believe me, the picture does not do this card justice.




After I finished this card, I remembered that I had some Adirondack alcohol inks. I chose the colors wild plum, cranberry, butterscotch and lettuce. These inks stained my stamp  really, really bad. The product I used as my stamp pad soaked up  the butterscotch and lettuce inks which resulted in an image containing only 2 colors.
 However,  I really liked how this image turned out.  It has more of a  "water color" look to it than the first card I attempted.  To finish the layout, I used a previous Make It Monday Challenge: Line Frame.  Three tiny butterflies, each containing a 2mm crystal completed the image.

Supplies: CS Hibiscus Burst, Plum Pudding, White
Stamps:  Botanical Silhouettes, Happy Trails, Flower Fusion #3, Life
Ink: Adirondack alcohol inks: wild plum, cranberry, Ranger distressed ink Peeled Paint, Hibiscus Burst
Misc: Martha Stewart butterfly punch, crystals, Nestabilitie Label, ribbon

6 comments:

Lynn Put said...

Very pretty cards! Love the colors and details!

Elena said...

pretty! love the simple black frame around the 2nd card especially.

Monica K. said...

Pretty cards! The inking is perfect with those flowers! Love the watercolor look. Great job!!

Mad for Paper said...

very pretty. the flowers look almost water colored on the first one.
TFS
Ang

Marybeth said...

Both cards are very pretty. Nice colors as well.

Renee said...

I think both turned out fabby!
Really love the watercolor effect on the 2nd one!