Friday, August 5, 2011

Love Frog

It's been three weeks since I last posted.  It seems like forever!  I was busy making cards for the #24 MIM challenge, and some goodies for my sister's birthday.  Accomplished what I wanted to do, but never took pictures.  What a bummer. Last week my sister, JoAnn,  & I flew to Arizonia  to surprise my other sister for her birthday.  (The birthday is actually tomorrow.  Happy Birthday, Vicky!)  Was she ever surprised!!!!  I wish I had taken a picture as she opened the door. We had a nice girls' weekend visiting Prescott, Jerome and Sedona.  I also had the opportunity to spend some time with my three neices who also live in Arizonia.  I got to meet Baby Liam (2 months old) and Thea (3 years old).  When I arrived home from Arizonia, my sister spent 2 days with me before heading home to Jersey.

Today I am back in my routine: spending time at the gym and in my craft room.  There's a story behind the card I created today. Back in April, I took one of my students to the Newport Aquarium in KY as she had expressed an interest in becoming a marine biologist. I had arranged for her to meet with the biologist.  She took her behind the scenes to get up close & personal with the penguins.  Meanwhile, I went exploring in the gift shop.  While browsing, a kid's purple tee shirt caught my eye.  (Purple is my granddaughter's favorite color)  It had a cute little frog on it with the vertical word:  Love.  Much to my disappointment, they did not have the tee shirt in my granddaughter's size.

I had just ordered Boy Basic: Frog Hop and thought I would use the tee shirt as an inspiration for a card.
Here's the card.  (I wish I had a picture of the tee shirt.  It was stinkin cute!)


I used dimensionals to raise the word Love.  I drew the two lines on the half & half banner.


To make the letters, I used a stamp from Boxes, Bags & Tags. I cut out the letters in the word love using the font from my Sizzlits.

After that I sponged a negative image for each letter.


Here is a close-up of the frog.  I used dimensionals to prop him up too!  Since I am new to coloring with Copics, I haven't nailed down the blending technique yet.


 I will probably give this card to my grandaughter on her first day of pre-school.
Thanks for bearing with me today as my post is lengthy.  Did I mention that  it's great to be back?


Supplies:
CS: white, purple, green (all from my stash)
Stamps:  Boy Basic: Frog Hop, Boxes, Bags & Tags, Half & Half
Dies: Boy Basic: Frog Hop, Half & Half
Misc: dimensionals, Copics

1 comment:

DF said...

Great card! I think your colouring is super. The misted letter tiles are really fun too.