Tuesday, November 8, 2011

MIM #40 Reverse Applique

      I am in Christmas mode now that my Thanksgiving cards are finished. I even put up some of my outside Christmas lights since we had unseasonally warm temps today (70 degrees).
     Today's card features the technique shown in PTI's MIM video: Reverse Applique. I am not a fan of this technique, but established this blog mainly for the purpose of participating in PTI's MIM & Blog Hop. So I decided to play along anyway. The layout of this card is simple and was quick to make.  I practiced on a scrap of cardstock to decide if I wanted to use a faux stitch or a real one around the Christmas tree. Because of the zigzagging of the die, I went with a faux stitch. I used my paper piercer to punch holes around the perimeter of the tree and connected each hole with a white gel pen.

  The pattern Paper I used is beautiful.  It has a whitish blue tint to it with patches of deep blue. It is from K & M's Let It Snow line.  However, it does not photograph well. I paired it up with Enchanted Evening cs.



    A close-up  view of the bottom of the card.  The sentiment from Peaceful Garden is stamped in Fresh Snow. The satin ribbon is Spring Rain.



  I made this card last night.  The more I see it, the more I am starting to like it.  I still don't know if I will use this technique again.  Thanks for looking.  What do you think about this technique.

Supplies: CS: Enchanted Evening
Stamps: peaceful Garden
Die: Christmas Tree
Other: Spring Rain ribbon, rhinestones,Fresh Snow,K & CO. Let It Snow PP

7 comments:

Joyce said...

I like your card. I especially like what you did with the ribbon. I'm not sure about that technique....I still need to watch the video. I will probably try it once and see if I like it enough to try again. Any technique is probably worth trying once, especially if you don't have to buy any new supplies, right?

Suzanne Russell said...

This card is really pretty. The ribbon and rhinestones is a wonderful complement to the great colors you chose.

Leigh Penner said...

This is so pretty, Carol! I love it!
Thanks for the comment on my blog this afternoon! You asked what colour ink I used-- it's A Muse Studio pigment ink in Latte.
Have a great day!

Unknown said...

This is so pretty, I love the paper you used behind for your tree.

euna said...

This looks great, Carol! The stitching around the tree looks great and oh, that patterned paper really works with the Enchanted Evening cardstock! And love how you used rhinestones on the bow. Btw, thanks for always leaving such a nice comment in my blog :)

Marybeth said...

Oh this is soo gorgeous , you did a wonderful job on the faux stitching it looks amazing . Love your. Bow and the beautiful white paper too. Yes you can cut hydrangeas . In the spring I cute them and put them in water,late in fall I just cut them w/out water and they just dry as you see them in my picture. Take care.

Dana said...

that ribbon rocks :)