Tuesday, November 29, 2011

With Sympathy

  Over the Thanksgiving break, a coworker's mother passed away. I needed to make a sympathy card. Next to masculine cards, I find them hard to make.  I knew I wanted to use the gingko leaves from Harvest Berries, but I had no ideas for the layout. However, while browsing the blogs last night, I  was inspired by two challenges posted on Joyce's blog: Cards-by-the-sea.  The first one is CASE Study

and the 2nd one is CR84FN43.




The inks I used were Memento: Pear Tart, Versacolor: Kaki, and Archival Ink: Sepia

Here is my card.



Thanks for looking.

Supplies:  CS: Rustic white, Kraft
Ink: Memento: Pear Tart, Versacolor: Kaki, Archival: Sepia
Stamps: PTI: Harvest Berries, Botanical Silhouettes, BB:Text Style
Other Marths Stewart border punch

13 comments:

Joyce said...

Hey, thanks for mentioning my blog. This is a beautiful sympathy card. I'll have to remember how well those ginko leaves work as a sympathy card.

Iwona Palamountain (Chupa) said...

I love this fern stamp! Gorgeous card :) Thank you for joining us at CASE Study this week! Chupa :)

Sue Lelli said...

I am going to be needing a couple of sympathy cards soon and LOVE how pretty yours is! The leaves and the text are so pretty! THX for playing with us at CR84FN!

Mona L. Pendleton said...

Simply beautiful! Thanks for joining along with CR84FN :)

Pauline said...

This is beautiful, such a lovely sympathy card. I have just ordered the harvest berries, and I can't wait til they arrive!

Michelle said...

I have a hard time with sympathy cards too... I tend to go over the top and then they end up looking too fun - LOL! It's hard to find that balance, I think. But I think you nailed it. And I love that little kraft piece on your congratulations card too.

Jean Martin said...

What a lovely, lovely card! Thanks for playing with us at CASE Study! :)

Mayol said...

Lovely card!

Debby said...

Perfect card for it's purpose. Love the stamps you layered. Thanks for joining as at CASE study.

Terri said...

I am sorry you had to make a sympathy card. This one is very nice. Great use of the colors too.

Debgem said...

Sympathy cards are always so hard to make. This is just lovely - the text and ginko leaves are perfect. Thanks for playing along with CR84FN!

Marie said...

Lovely Sympathy cards. I also find the difficult to design. I love the edger that you used, it adds interest without being flashy.

Ellen said...

What a beautiful card. Great job