Friday, December 30, 2011

For My Husband

   It was about 3:00 pm on Christmas Eve.  My children would be arriving in 2 hrs. Everything was done. At least I thought so. As I was filling everyone's stocking, I realized I hadn't made my husband a Christmas card. How could I forget my husband of all people?  He's the one who has put up with my addiction to PTI and the numerous hrs spent in my craft room.
 I rushed to my room and quickly adapted one of my Christmas designs.In less than 20 mins I was done. Whew! Close call. Except for the sentiment, I really like how this card turned out. I think if I had stamped the sentiment a tad lower, it would have worked better.


     I used the heart border die as my garland. I sponged the hearts with some Fresh Snow ink and added a rhinestone to each heart.
     For once I found the perfect button for my card.   That doesn't happen often; even with all of the PTI Buttons I own.
     I just love the Holiday Flourishes & Swirls paper by PTI.
      Thanks for stopping by my blog.


Supplies:
 CS: Scarlet Jewel
PP: Holiday Flourishes & Swirls
Stamp Set: Rustic Snowflakes, Wreath for all Seasons, Tag It #8
InK: Fresh Snow; Memories : black
Die: Christmas Tree, Heart border
Other: Ripe Avocado ribbon, Rustic twine, Ripe Avacodao button; rhinestone

3 comments:

Joyce said...

Oh, I have done the same thing--made cards for everyone, and forgotten my husband or daughters! But you really pulled it off, and I love that heart die as tree trimming.

Debbie Gaydos said...

It's adorable! Love the heart border garland - brilliant! Your husband should consider himself lucky. I did the same thing, but I didn't get around to making one for my hubby at all, lol.

Sadie said...

I think you have done a fabulous job on your card especially in 20 mins. Wow! Yes that PTI paper is some of the nicest I've seen. love it!