Monday, December 5, 2011

Star of Wonder

          I wish I could say that I had a great weekend. It started out okay, but went helter skelter Saturday evening. My husband & I had invited another couple over for dinner.  Everything went fine until I started to clear the dishes from the table and do a quick clean up of the kitchen before I served dessert. I hadn't noticed that the 5th burner on my stove was still on.  Needless to say when I picked up the glass baking dish on top, I severely burned my left hand.  It was as if I pulled a dish from the oven without a pot holder.  The blisters on my fingertips are over an inch long.  I was told it will take 3-6 weeks to heal.  Luckily, it was my left hand.  So my crafting is going to be limited for awhile. (Maybe, we'll see).  I don't know if I'll let a little burn prevent me from crafting.

     I've had this card sitting around for awhile. So I thought I would post it today.  It is a case of a card done by Dawn McVey  during the October release. The minute I saw this card, I knew I would case it. I didn't have the background stamp that Dawn used on her card, so to me the card seems naked.

 
Thanks for looking.

Supplies: CS: Soft Stone, Plum Pudding, Royal Velvet, White
Stamps: Star of Wonder
Dies: Fillable Frame #4, Limitless Layers, Tag #5
Other: Circle punch, rhinestones, white ribbon, PTI Plum Pudding button, embroidery floss

1 comment:

Joyce said...

I'm so sorry about your burned hand. That must hurt a ton. Good thing it is not your crafting hand, but it still must be difficult to do things like type. Maybe your super cute little granddaughter can kiss it and make it better? Beautiful card. I love how you have layered that fillable frame right over the new tag sale. I don't remember seeing that before, but perhaps I wasn't looking that closely, since I knew I wouldn't be buying this set.