Tuesday, January 31, 2012

Hugs & Kisses

    Today's Valentine card was inspired by Joyce @ http://cards-by-the-sea.blogspot.com/2012/01/valentines.html.  I decided to take it a step further and arrange the border strips into a heart shape. I used my Wishblade to cut the white, heart base.


    
I had these cute llittle x's and o's from a valentine kit purchased years ago at Target in the Dollar Hot Spot section. I thought they fit perfectly on the little hearts. After I attached the heart and drew a frame around it, I felt the card needed some more dimension. I  used PTI's 1/8" silk ribbon to make a double bow.  I love this ribbon. It is one of those items I keep using over and over. I have both sizes and just reordered another spool of each to  make sure I always have it on hand.


    A close up of the sentiment stamped in Memento's London Fog.


   This card measures 6" by 71/2".  I had previously cut the heart shape for some other valentine cards I made. The shape was too large for the A5 size card. Thanks for stopping by.


Supplies:  PTI CS: Stamper's Select White, Hibiscus Burst, Pure Poppy, Rasberry Fizz, Sweet Blush
Ink: Memento: London Fog
Stamps: Whale; 2010 Love Tags
Other: Wishblade cut heart, milicon pen, 1/8" PTI silk ribbon,Pure Poppy Ribbon.

5 comments:

Lauren said...

Adorable!! I love all the heart layers...so so cute!

Terri said...

Great idea! Love it!

Joyce said...

I love this--hearts within a heart. It's so cute. Thanks for the shout out. I'm glad I inspired you--and you made it totally your own.

Kara said...

Wonderful. This is great!

Ted said...

Such a creative way to use the heart border die! :)