Wednesday, April 25, 2012

PTI's April Blog Hop

The 25th is one of my favorite days of the month since PTI sponsors their monthly Blog Hop. Welcome to the April Blog Hop.  This month the focus is on florals, damasks & polka dots based on the inspiration picture below.
 
This is my take on the inspiration picture!

 I immediately knew I would focus on the damask. For once my idea materialized when I saw that the stamped damask image would fit inside the oval. I ended up switching out the white background for Sweet Blush. I think this will make a great wedding shower card for my daughter to give to her future sister-in-law.

Here's a close up shot of the damask design stamped in Versa Magic Pixie Dust on Hibiscus Burst CS. I used one of Martha Stewart's butterfly punches to connect the ovals from the limitless layer dies. Prior to assembling the card, I realized I had the damask IP so I decided to add that to the background.


     Thanks for taking a peek at my contribution to the Blog Hop.

Supplies: CS: Sweet Blush, Hibiscus Burst
Stamps: Damask Designs, Botanical Silhouettes
Ink: Versamagic: Pixie Dust, Versafine Onyx Black
Other: Limitless Layers: Ovals, Damask IP. Butterfly punch, pearls, dimensionals.


31 comments:

Karen C. said...

the little butterfly 'connectors' are genius. They really look so sweet tucked in between each of the damask panels. The Damask background is a subtle touch, but adds just the right detail.

Carol's Ink Spot said...

Sweet card! Love the damask and the tiny butterflies.

cards by cara said...

Love this!! I used the Damask Designs impression plate for one of my blog hop cards too. Aren't those ip's great?

Marybeth said...

Very pretty and the damask stamping is perfect for this hop

Joyce said...

This is so pretty. I love how you have used a damask IP as well as a stamp. Those tiny butterflies are the perfect way to connect those ovals.

Rebecca Deeprose said...

Very clever idea Carol! Love the way you used the tiny butterflies as bridges! and that dry embossing~ wow!

Angela Fehr said...

Super pretty! I love how much texture you've packed into one card!

Mayol said...

Great card, Carol! Am loving the layers and the texture. Brilliant idea with the oval dies and those sweet little butterflies!

Tracey McNeely said...

Beautiful Carol, I love all your layered details.

Lisa Elton said...

Clean simple and elegant!

Elena said...

Fabulous design!

Jill said...

Bonus points for your unique damask embellishments, Carol! And for the teeny tiny butterflies that link them! :-)

Juanita B said...

Your card is very elegant and classy! I LOVE the damask impression and the use of the butterflies, they are both sensational. TFS.

Leigh Penner said...

What a great way to use the oval dies! I love the textured background, too! Very pretty!

Anne said...

Great card. Just love those little butterflies.

victoria h said...

love your use of damask and those tiny butterflies

Sherrie M. said...

Pretty card! Love the embossed background.

Karin Ã…kesdotter said...

Your card is Beautiful! Love your elegant take on the picture!
Have a great day and a great hop, hugs, Karin

Anonymous said...

Very pretty! ;-) I love the soft colors with the damask texture and stamps you used. The little butterflies in between each damask medallion are such a nice touch. ;-)

Jill Norwood said...

I love your card and how you connected the oval damask panels with the butterflies! So sweet!

Unknown said...

Such cute little butterflies with the pearls in the center!! Adorable!!

Nancy Guse said...

Very pretty, love the damask and those cute little butterflies, so sweet!!

Terri said...

Very nice, love all the pink and Damask patterns.

Cyndie said...

Oh, great card! Love the two damask patterns--stamp and embossing--and the tiny little butterfly accents!

Stampin in the suburbs said...

Really pretty. I like the simplicity of the colors. That pink is perfect just with the white.

Chunyuan said...

very pretty. love the detail of the little butterflies.

PatQ's Cards said...

The Damask pattern is great on the ovals--good idea.

Cibele Glazer said...

Very pretty! I love the little butterflies with the pearls. Great touch!

Deb said...

Beautiful IP! Those little pearls are perfect!

Cheryl said...

So pretty and feminine. Love the little butterflies, too.

Monika/Buzsy said...

Oh, how pretty Carol. Great textures and damask images. :o)