Monday, March 4, 2013

A Birthday Card for my Sister

 My dear sister is celeebrating her birthday at the end of the week. My birthday cards to her usually have flowers. Last year it was Pretty Peonies. This year I decided to use The Sweet Life. I wanted to combine it with my rarely used quatrefoil die, but different from the card I made for my daughter.


 I used the Mat Stack #6 to cut out the center of the quatrefoil. I stamped the sentiment from the newly released Stylish Sentiments: Birthday in Aqua Mist ink. Thus, you can vaguely see it in the photo.

The roses were stamped on Sweet Blush card stock with the middle layer of Summer Sunrise and the top layer, Hibiscu Burst. It is sooo pretty.

  I used a sentiment from Stylish Sentiments: Birthday  inside; again stamped with Aqua Mist ink.

. I hope my sister doesn't check my blog until she receive the card. However, she still might be surprised because the card looks great in real life vs the photo due to my poor picture taking skills.
Thanks for stopping by to take a peek

5 comments:

Leigh Penner said...

This is beautiful, Carol! Your sister will love it!

Rebecca said...

I love how you cut the die to showcase the sentiment. Great Card.

Tracey McNeely said...

You sister is a lucky lady to get such a beautiful card!

Joyce said...

What a pretty card. I always have trouble stamping the sweet life roses, but you make it look so easy. Your sister is going to love it.

Kara said...

love these colors!!