Tuesday, March 19, 2013

MIM # 108 Inked Backgrounds

  Found some time today to play along with PTI's MIM: Inked Backgrounds. Heather demonstrated how to create beautiful backgrounds using a variety of colors. I have always admired cards that had these backgrounds. Whenever I tried, mine looked horrible. Using a variety of hues with a main color and adding an accent seems to be the trick.


   I basically used 3 shades of green for my background: Spring Moss, Simply Chartreuse and  Peeled Paint. I was too chicken to add some pink for fear that I would mess up what I already had.


  I love the way the roses turned out. The picture doesn't do them justice. I used Sweet Blush as a base, with Hibiscus Burst. The top layer was Orange Zest which I stamped off first to just give a touch of the orange.


Since it has been ages since I used my dress form die, I decided to add it to the card.


 The inside sentiment.
Thanks for stopping by to take a peek. Have a great day. 

13 comments:

artful-notions said...

Carol, this is beautiful! Your colors, the roses, the grillwork, all lovely!

craftmates said...

lovely card! love how the background peeks through the cover plate-Irma

Jacquie Southas said...

Your colors completely work together Carol & I love the quartrefoil coverplate in the background - makes me think of a trellis for your roses to climb!

Marcia said...

What a beautiful card Carol! Love how the background peeks through the coverplate and your roses did indeed turn out lovely! :0)

Teresa said...

Very pretty! I love the background that you created. I'll have to give that color combo a try next time I stamp those roses.

Joyce said...

This is just gorgeous. I love your inked background, and it is just lovely behind that Quatrefoil die. Cute use of the dress form, too.

Leigh said...

Super pretty, Carol! I stuck to the same colour family for my inked backgrounds, too...

Kathryn A said...

Lovely card, and what a clever idea to use the dress form that way!

Katherine said...

What an amazingly gorgeous card. The stamping on those roses is perfect - I have never been able to master two step stamping but you do it perfectly!

Anna (doctorfoodie) said...

Lovely!!

Tonya Jastad said...

Everything about this card is lovely!

Cindy H. said...

What a beautiful card! Love the colors and the background is perfect!

Rebecca said...

I love how the background looks with the Quatrefoil Die over it. Great idea!