Friday, April 5, 2013

MIM : Collage

                  When I first saw the title of this week's  MIM Challenge: Collage elements, I wasn't too excited because anything involving  the creation of a background is extremely challenging for me. After I watched the video, I decided to take a stab at it.
                  I decided I would stick with a theme. Since I need several birthday cards this month, I thought I would play around with the birthday stamp sets I purchased last month.  I began by just laying the stamps on my card stock.  This is what I ended up with.


Stamping the birthday border along the left side was inspired by this card from Dawn McVey. However the right side is not a panel but rather the front of the card itself. I just cut the top left portion off.  Here's a close up of the actual collage. Since this card is for a 4 year old who loves both pinks and purples, I chose Pixie Dust ((Versamagic) & Winter Wisteria.


This what the inside of the card looks like. I used a sponge with Pixie Dust ink to add color to the words on the left.

 The swirly banners  are on the inside because I messed up. After I stamped the words on the left, I forgot to switch to the front of the card. Luckily, I was able to salvage my mistake.  thanks for stopping by to take a peek.

8 comments:

Leigh Penner said...

Great card, Carol!

craftmates said...

This turned out really great. Beautiful card! - Irma

Joyce said...

Oh, this is super fun. What a great birthday card. You should like this up at Simon Says Stamp for their birthday celebration. Huge prizes this week! And, congrats on your shout out at CASual Fridays today. Have a great weekend.

Rhonda said...

Glad you decided to try. I think it turned out great.

Nancy Penir said...

Carol, this the sweetest. You've combined the stamps to make a beautiful background.

Helen F. said...

Fab collage cards, Carol! You did a great job using all your fun birthday stamps :)

Suzanne B. Webb said...

Great job with the layering on this!

Jenny said...

Cute, cute! I really like this concept.