Tuesday, May 7, 2013

MIM: Beyond Paper with Embossed Impression Plates

PTI has a very interesting MIM this week. You can check it out  at MIM: Beyond Paper Embossed Impression Plates. The challenge is to use your impression plate to emboss on something other than paper. I though I might try cork.
At first I though I would use the Herring bone IP, but it didn't work So than I used the woodgrain IP. After rolling it through my Cuttlebug about 8 times, I finally got a slight impression.  It definitelychanged the thickness of the cork and made it extremely delicate.  At least it didn't rip it which I thought might happen.

I decided I would make a Father's Day card.  I should really be making a Mother's Day card since Mother's day is this Sunday. I have always like this card  by Kate from A Passion for Papertrey. Here's my cased card using the embossed cork.





Thanks for stopping by to take a peek.

6 comments:

Scrappin4kim(Jennifer) said...

I never even gave cork a thought! Your card came out great. I know I should be doing Mother's Day as well!!

craftmates said...

Fabulous card! Great take on the challenge-Irma

Leigh said...

I had wondered if cork would work or not...
I love the design of your card, Carol! It looks great!

Joyce said...

Super idea to use cork. I love it. I need to watch this video. Yes--mother's day cards--I found myself one short today, and had to scramble. I will be happy to switch to father's day.

Rhonda said...

Love the half circles cut from the cork to showcase the stars. Great card Carol.

artful-notions said...

Carol, just looked up the card you cas'd. Love your take. Impressed cork and those great stars on handsome paper. Great job!