Tuesday, July 30, 2013

MIM: Double Backgrounds

My nephew has a birthday coming up early next week.  After viewing the MIM "double Backgrounds, I thought I would give this technique a try. It also gave me an opportunity to use one of my newly released stamp sets, "Balloon Bash". I paired it up with BB: Birthday Fun. If the color scheme looks familiar, you might recognize it as one of the Fruits of Summer palettes from the July Blog Hop.


 A close up shot.
    I really liked how this card turned out. The double background is a cool technique. Hopefully, I'll be using it again.  Thank you for stopping by to take a peek.

8 comments:

Karen C. said...

Very festive card, Carol. Stars and balloons along with the text background are a perfect way to celebrate!!

Nancy Penir said...

He is going to love this, Carol. Bright and happy!

Kim Heggins said...

Fabulous card and love the wonderful and sweet colors.

Kathryn A said...

I love the bright colours! Wonderful card! The "fruits of summer" colour inspiration was great, wasn't it?

Rema DeLeeuw said...

Great card and choice of colors! your nephew will be pleased with it...

Carolanne said...

This is such a great birthday card! Love the colors and background. Looks like a celebration!

Unknown said...

I really love your double background - it really looks super. Great card!

Kathy Mc said...

Great color combo, Carol, and love the double background. Guess I should watch the video with hopes of creating one myself. : )