Sunday, August 11, 2013

Candy Cane Christmas

  Back again with another  MIM challenge. These backgrounds are so quick, easy and mistake proof. Love it! I only used two colors. I think using 3 or more colors really knocks this technique out of the park.


    Finally came up with an idea for the Festive Friday Element theme Challenge: Candy Cane


   I didn't really have anything with a candy cane theme so I secured a printable image from the internet, formatted it, cut it and stamped it with the Super Stripes stamp set.


  On Saturday I went to a stamping convention. I met the sweetest lady who devised a bow making tool. It is so quick & easy. A perfect bow everytime.Usually when I come home from a convention, I unpack my goodies (if my husband isn't home as I don't want him to see how much I bought) and wait several days to possibly use them.  Well, I immediately unpacked the bow maker and made several bows within 5 minutes. If you are looking for a fairly inexpensive bow maker, check out her website
 I am also entering this card into her August challenge: Anything goes With a Bow
Thanks for stopping by to take a peek.

12 comments:

Barbara Bruder said...

Hi Carol,So glad you stopped at the CDB booth Saturday!!! Looks like you are already having fun with the CDB tool. So glad. Love the bow on your very and festive holiday card. Thanks for joining us at the Craft-Dee BowZ challenge this month. Hugs, Barbara {personal blog - Art and Soul Creations}

Nancy Penir said...

Carol, that is the most perfect bow I've ever seen. Will be expecting perfect bows on all your creations from now on! :) Love that you hit 2 challenges with one adoreable card. Trying so hard to do that!

Joyce said...

Your card is so wonderful. That background stamping really says festive Christmas. And, love that bow. I have one of those nifty tools, too.

Julie said...


Great Christmas card.Love the colour and the candy canes.The bow and the link are great. Thanks for the kind words on my card.

Julie said...


Great Christmas card.Love the colour and the candy canes.The bow and the link are great. Thanks for the kind words on my card.

Marlena M. said...

Yay~a Christmas card done!! This looks great Carol~
You are like me...I unpack my goodies in private. I don't hide them necessarily...I just "ease" them into my stash. LOL

Donna Maligno said...

Carol, this card is just plain terrific. I love simplicity and this says it all. So glad you are enjoying your Craft-Dee BowZ. Could you contact me thru my website? I'd like to ask you a question. Thanks and a big thanks for submitting to the Craft-Dee BowZ August challenge!

Meredith MacRitchie said...

Oh Carol, I *love* the background! THis all turned out so wonderful! Thanks so much for playing again this week!

Darnell said...

LOVE your card, Carol! There is just something wonderful about circles and stripes together and using them in this design was inspired! Your homemade background paper is flawless! Thanks for the tip on the bow maker, too!!

Marybeth said...

What a sweet card Carol! How fun to get in in for two challenges. How fun to get all the new goodies too, love the bow and cant wait to see more.

Ardyth said...

Love the bouncy, fun background! This is a really cheery and festive Christmas greeting! Thanks for joining us at Festive Friday!

Geri said...

Clever candy canes, Carol!!! And I love those polka dots! Sweet, SWEET card! Great to see you back at Festive Friday!!