Tuesday, July 1, 2014

Masking with Dies

I'm on a roll. My 2nd week in a row that I am participating in PTI's MIM: Masking With Dies. I didn't want to do flowers so I decided to use balloons. The colors I used were inspired by this photo



which is from the challenge at Curtain Call: Birthday Bash. I have never participated in their challenges before.


My card was super easy to make. I used Hawaiian Shores, Aqua Mist, Hibiscus Burst and Summer Sunrise for my background. The Happy die is from tag sale and the rest of the sentiment is from Graceful Garden. I stamped the dots from Birthday Style in Versamark which created faint water marks on the card which didn't show up in the photo. I really like how this card turned out which isn't usually the case when I enter challenges.
Hopefully, I'll continue my roll participating in these two challenges. Thanks for stopping by to take a peek.



10 comments:

Marcia Hill said...

What a great card! Love those balloons and your background...great colors too! :0)

craftmates said...

Wow! Stunning card. Love this technique and your card is the perfect inspiration.- Irma

Deb said...

Simply stunning! Perfectly executed!

Diana K said...

Love this!

Stacey Schafer said...

darling card!

A Crafty Person said...

Fun birthday card!! I love the colors and the background!

Joyce said...

Very fun birthday card, and I love the look of those masked balloons.

Leigh Penner said...

Oh, this looks great, Carol! So pretty & fun!

Manuela said...

beautiful card, love all the balloons wonderful colors!

~amy~ said...

super pretty! Love your inking!
Thanks for joining us at Curtain Call!