Tuesday, July 15, 2014

Ombre Pine Boughs

  Back again to participate in two challenges with this card. Initially, I wasn't going to do either challenge since I am working on making my Christmas cards and I am not a sequin girl. My card stretches Pti's challenge: Rainbow Medallions as I used an ombre color scheme instead of a rainbow. (didn't think rainbow equates Christmas) The second challenge is to use sequins in the Merry Monday Challenge.


I added some texture by making a medallion for my pine cone focal point. I didn't add a sentiment as the pine boughs take up the entire front of the card. What do you think? Should I add a sentiment in the bottom right corner? I might have to move the sequin.  Thanks for stopping by to take a peek.

6 comments:

Leigh Penner said...

Oh, this is so pretty! I love the ombre take on the techique!

Marcia Hill said...

Very pretty and I don't think you need a sentiment either...the pinecones speak for themselves! :0)

Bonnie said...

What a pretty wreath!

Kristie Goulet said...

This looks great! Thank you for joining us at Merry Monday!

Deepti said...

Such a sweet card, Love the greens !

Patti said...

Oh how beautiful!! I love the soft ombre effect!

Patti