Tuesday, January 30, 2018

Merry Monday #275 Pastel Colors


        It's the start of a new week. I kept putting off Merry Monday's challenge last week and guess what? Never did participate. So today I made it a priority to  create a Christmas card for the Merry Monday challenge this week.



     I am loving the mix & mat dies from PTI. I decided to use my new confetti die. Thought it resembled snow with a stretch of my imagination.  The colors in the inspiration photo are some of my favorites for creating an up beat Christmas card. This card came together pretty quickly. I fussy cut the penguin. (He's from an old Hero Arts Christmas set.. You know the time before dies were popular. lol)

     Thanks for stopping by to take a peek.

10 comments:

wienerhoneymooners said...

SWEEEEEET penguin focal point, LOVE penguins!!! All the details of the snow dots and scallop edging detilas are DIVINE! Thanks for joining the Merry Makers at the Merry Monday Card Challenge!!!!

maria f. said...

That is so sweet - I love those mat dies from PTI. Your card is a wonderful, but oh-so-different take on the inspiration.

Susan Joyce said...

Adorable little penguin and I love the mats you used. Thanks for playing at Merry Monday this week.

Cheryl W. said...

That little penguin is so cute, and I love those pastel colors!

Colleen said...

I love the Mix & Mat too, they are so versatile and add a wonderful layer to the cards. Your card is a delightful design and nice soft pastels colors too! thank you for joining us at Merry Monday!

KatheD said...

I do that, all the time - put it off and then don't get it done! Love your penguin and his pink snow!

Unknown said...

What an adorable card and cute lil penguin. Thank you for playing along with us over at Merry Monday.

Cheryl Morgan said...

He's a real cutie, love penguin cards. X

Cindy C. said...

Nicely done, love how you applied the color scheme.

3treescreations@gmail.com said...

Super duper cute! Love the colours! Thanks for playing with us at Merry Monday.