Wednesday, July 31, 2013

A Trio of Challenges

     This year I have been trying to make my Christmas cards throughout the year and have been participating in both Festive Friday and Merry Monday Christmas challenges.  However, I haven't been doing so well lately as I've been busy making birthday decorations for my granddaughter's birthday in August.  However, I found some time to make a quick Christmas card. I designed my card by using the color scheme from the current  Festive Friday Color Challenge.

  I think these non-traditional colors look so pretty together and will make a great card. I decided to use the sketch from this week's Retrosketches.

 Here's my card.

The pine leaves are embossed in silver along with the sentiment and inside decoration of the ornament. A ribbon and crystal finish off the ornament.   The picture does not do this card justice. It is so pretty IRL.

   I also decided to submit this to Merry Monday's Month long Christmas challenge


   Thanks for stopping by and taking a peek. 

8 comments:

Ardyth said...

I get a retro feel from this - I think it's the shape of the ornament as well as the pretty colours! Thanks for playing along with us at Festive Friday!

Darnell said...

I adore this, Carol! The silver pine and the soft pink ornament are sensational!!

Meredith MacRitchie said...

Carol, it's so pretty! And I love how you used the sketch - so creative! I am so glad to see you with us again at FF - August is crazy for me too with a birthday party, I can totally relate!

Julie said...

Lovely design. Great card.

Tracey McNeely said...

Breathtaking Carol!

Geri said...

Love the look of the ornament hanging from the branch and the softness of ALL your colors...Really lovely, Carol! Great to have you back at FF!!

Nancy Penir said...

Simply lovely, Carol. beautiful in any color combo, but in the soft pink, has a vintage feel.

Sherry Eckblad said...

gorgeous card! Love the pine boughs and the ornament. Thanks for joining us at Merry Monday.