Tuesday, June 4, 2013

Belated Birthday Card

     It's been a year since I retired. Yet, I still don't have time to squeeze an hour or two to spend in my craft room. When I do find the time lately, it is usually working on the invitations for my niece's wedding in December.
     I have spent the last week remodeling one of the bedrooms. The walls were in such bad shape, I had to sand, spackle and re-sand some spots 7-8 times. I'm in the home stretch with just some minor touch ups.
 I made a belated birthday card for my teenage niece using this week's sketch from Retrosketches.





  This also fits the challenge for Casology

.   
Thanks for stopping by to take a peek.

10 comments:

Darnell said...

Oh, what fun this is, Carol!! She is going to love that "love bug" reminiscent of the "flower power" days of yore! I'm sure your new bedroom is going to be well worth all that TLC!!

Joyce said...

What a fun card. I love your flowered 'punch buggy' as my kids call it. I am not surprised that you are so busy. Most people when they stop working they are so busy they don't know how they ever had time to work. Enjoy the fruits of all your hard work.

Kim Heggins said...

Carol, what a sweet card! Love your punch buggy, so festive with those dies under! My husband has been retired for about 5 years and is busier than when he worked...but I think it is a good thing to be busy and I am sure you are having fun with whatever you are doing!

Ardyth said...

Love this card - perfectly groovy, man! Thanks so much for playing along with us this week at CASology!

Meghan said...

A sweet little love bug! Perfect! So glad you joined in on the fun at CASology this week!

Bev Gomez said...

Awe isn't that car cute. Thanks so much for your sweet comment on my card. Happy stamping, Bev

OH Babs said...

Cute card, love the colors..

Tracey McNeely said...

Carol the prettiest punch buggy in town! Thank you so much for sharing with us this week at CASology!

Judy1223 said...

Carol, I adore that patterned paper bug! Such a cute birthday card! THanks for joining us at CASology this week!

Rosemary said...

what a fun card for your niece! love the patterned paper that you used for the card! so glad you were able to squeeze in some crafty time and play along with CASology!