Monday, November 17, 2014

Retrosketches # 141

It's been a long time since I participated in a Retrosketch challenge. Despite making many Christmas cards throughout the year, I still need quite a few more. Thought this sketch would work well with one of my new stamp sets from PTI: O'Tannenbaum.


Here's my take.



I heat embossed the tree with silver powder and stamped the ornaments & sentiment with Royal Velvet. Winter Wisteria was used for the dots around the tree. I created a snow drift using one of my edger's die. Added a dab of glitter to the edge. (My camera has a smudge on the lens; it's not the card)
Thanks for stopping by to take a peek.

2 comments:

Betty Wright said...

Carol, the Christmas Tree is perfection for this sketch! Beautifully done! Wonderful Christmas card!

Joyce said...

Great interpretation of the sketch. I've got my eye on this challenge, too. If I can find the time. Love that tree, and the silver and purple look so sophisticated together.