Tuesday, August 23, 2011

Happy 1st Birthday, Lilly!

      Today is my granddaughter's first birthday. Here she is in her party dress.

  The little bugger has begun to walk, so trying to take a photo of her remaining still is almost impossible. I did manage to get one.

    As I mentioned in the previous post, the theme of her birthday party (which was held on Saturday) was Winnie the Pooh. My daughter & I  made a happy birtday banner using her Cricut machine to cut out honey pots.



    
 Of course no party is complete without birthday hats.  Now that my other granddaughter is almost 3 she is willing to wear one. So of course no ordinary hat would do. Being the crafter that I am I made 3 hats. One for her; the others were for her 2 cousins.


     The pom poms were made out of tissue paper as was the fringe around the bottom of each hat. I used the Martha Stewart fringe scissor .
     

 The pooh face was cut out using the Cricut machine.

 


I used elastic thread secured with brads so the hats would stay on the kids' heads.

The birday girl had her own hat.    Instead of a pompom, I used a feather & netting.  


There was lace at the bottom of the hat. The number was was cut out with my Wishblade; then run through my Xyron before I added some blue glitter from Denami.  I fussy cut the Winnie the Pooh from some pattern paper and placed it at the bottom of the hat.


Surpriselingly, Lilly wore her hat.  My daughter & I figured it would be on her head less than 3 seconds.  She loved it!
       I made a card to match her hat.


Some close up shots.



A picture of my soon to be 3 year old granddaughter.  Darn! I didn't get a picture of the other children wearing the birthday hats.
Thanks for looking.  I know this was a long post.

2 comments:

Camilla said...

It is all very sweet :)
The hats are adorable and your granddaugther looks very cute.

Marybeth said...

Adorable ,and happy birthday to your grandaughter .