Monday, September 17, 2012

Birthday Decorations

     On Saturday, my granddaughter celebrated her up coming 4th birthday with a party.  Being a girl turning four, it had to be a princess party of course!  Being a crafty grandma, I had to make her a banner.

O

  Here is an up close shot.
   My favorite part of the banner was the crown panels. The crown was cut using the Cricut Princess Party Cartridge. I used my Copics to color the gems.
   Normally, I make party hats, but one day while shopping at the dollar store I found these crowns.

How could one pass up a bargain like this!  Besides I knew my granddaughter would prefer these crowns to some paper ones. 

Now every princess needs a personalized banner!  Right? So I created this one.

 When my granddaughter saw it she told me it was   "BEAUUUUTIFUL". (I am not sure her parents liked it as they do not want her called "princess".)
 An up close shot of the details.



       It was a great party. All the little girls came dressed up in their princess outfits. When they arrived they received their crown and a wand. Here's my little princess!

  Thanks for stopping by and taking a peek.

5 comments:

Karen C. said...

Such a sweet party theme. Carol. Your banner looks so professional - who wouldn't want to be a princess, even if it's only for a day!! Your grand daughter is adorable in her crown and party clothes!!

Joyce said...

Your granddaughter looks sweet and adorable, and so are all your decorations. What a great grandma you are!

Mara Campbell said...

Your banner is fantastic!! I love the scalloped border on each panel and the blinged out crowns! Your granddaughter is adorable, looks like it was a fabulous party!

Terri said...

Great princess designs! Your granddaughter is a cutie too!

Jen Adcock said...

Um...wow! Love. That banner is fantastic! I bet it will want leaving up all year long! Such regal colors too. Totally befitting your little princess.