Wednesday, October 3, 2012

A Two Challenge Birthday Card

  Another rarity for me; a card for two challenges. I had to make a birthday card for my daughter's niece, who turned 6 at the end of September. Usually I make a card based upon the theme of the party. Not knowing what it was, I geared it toward this week's MIM #85 and retrosketches #31 challenges.

 
 


 My card: 



  I used Copics (BV31, BV02, YG23, YG93) to color the party images.

  The double banner die was used as the glitter tabs. I used Glitter Ritz (Lilac, Silver and Kiwi Green). sorry for the blurred photo.

Added  the cut out from the Take Three die with the stamped candle image as part of the inside.


 I still need a tag to go with the present. (Barbie Clothes)
thanks for stopping by to take a peek.


15 comments:

Joyce said...

What a great idea to use the take 3 die for this challenge. And, I still need to watch that video about the glitter tags. Your card is so festive and fun.

Tricia said...

What a fun card for a birthday and I love the glitter banners.

Karen C. said...

The banner dies are perfect for this glitter challenge. I really like the trio of images framed with the Take Three die. Great card!!

bjmartin said...

Love the colors and the glittery banners. What a fun birthday card!

Unknown said...

This turned out super cute! Great take on the sketch.

Tracey McNeely said...

What a great idea to use the Take Three Die for this one Carol. Perfect images and I love those glittery banners.

Pamela said...

When I saw the banners, I knew it was for MIM :) Love the sparkly banners!

Jen Adcock said...

Awesome! You have used such a punchy and en trend colour combo. Love that. The glitter banners are pretty special too. Well done.

Nancy Penir said...

Such a clever card. Your punch outs are nifty, and the double ended banners are perfect. You even made the inside special. Love it all.

Leigh Penner said...

Great card, Carol! I really need to get that Take 3 die.... I love how you used it!

Mara Campbell said...

Oh, I adore the blue and green together!! And the glitter banners are too cute!!

Anonymous said...

Love your card. Nice windows.

Luanne said...

This is so cute, I love your colors!

Nancy Guse said...

Great use of the take 3 die. I don't have that, but it is a great frame for separate stamps. Love the banners glittered!

Arielle H Gordon said...

Beautiful card Carol - LOVE the colors and the awesome glittery tape! Thank you so much for playing with us at RetroSketches this week!