Wednesday, January 4, 2012

Happy Birthday, Thea

  My grand niece, Thea,  turns 4 today. I needed to make a quick card since she lives in Arizona. On Monday when I made this card, I had seen this layout by  Kim O'Connell and thought it would be perfect.


    I wanted to get some yellow in this card as that is Thea's favorite color. I think the LemonTart compliments Spring Rain fairly well. I used my SU colored pencils with some Gamasol to color the images as I didn't have the right color Copics to go with the pattern paper.



 An up close view of the satin ribbon & button. I realized after I mailed the card I forgot to add the tiny tag under the button.

     Thank you for stopping by.

Supplies: CS:Lemon Tart, Spring Rain, White
Stamps: Stampendous: Cupcake,  Art Gone Wild: Birthday Cube, SU: Balloon
Other: Take Three die, SU colored pencils, PTI satin ribbon (Spring Rain) Lemon Tart Button, White twine, design paper from stash

4 comments:

Joyce said...

What a sweet card. 4 is such a cute age. I'm sure she will love the card.

Anonymous said...

Oh, Carol, you are the absolute best at making sweet cards (or that album for Lilly)... This is perfect and the pastels you picked are wonderful. I'm sure Thea will adore this card :)

Kim O'Connell said...

Thanks for the shout out! :) You done good, girlfriend! I like your twist on my lay out!

Michelle said...

This is SO fresh and fun! - and I love the little windows with the ballon and funness in them. Perfect card for a little one. Have a great weekend!