This week's MIM is a technique demoed by Betsy Veldman called ghost masking. I knew I just had to try it. After I viewed the video a couple of times, I knew I wanted to use the Mat Stack 4 die with flowers. I chose the Bloom Builders stamp set. Next I needed to decide on colors. My inks are limited. I figured the bright, bold colors would work best. However, I didn't want to use the same colors as Betsy. I went with pastels instead. There was a hesitancy on my part to use light colors since I didn't know what the effect would be when one stamped off on the second round of stamping. Would there still be ink left to leave an impression? Well, here's my card.
I ended up tracing around the edge of the Mat Stack die to have a border. The card looked fine without it, but I decided to add it at the end. The die moved a tad as I was doing this, so the right bottom is off.
I have never made a card where I "stamped off" the image on scrap before I stamped it onto my card. So I didn't know how much pressure to apply even though I tried it on scrap paer before I stamped my card. Turns out I was a little heavy handed stamping the script. The bloom in the top right has a purple tinge to it instead of pink. I think this was a result of some black ink getting on the stamp when I stamped off.
I liked this technique and plan to use it again.
Thanks for stopping by.
Supplies: PTI CS: Sweet Blush, Vintage Cream
Ink: Memento: Summer Sunrise, Pear Tart; VersaMagic: Pixie Dust; Memories: Black
Stamps: Bloom Builders, BB: Text Style
Other" Martha Stewart Butterfly Punch, rhinestones, Micron Pen