Monday, July 30, 2012

Happy Birthday, Dear Sister

I originally made my sister  this birthday card back in June. However, since I decided to send her the note card set I made during SAF, I wanted a card to match.(We normally don't exchange presents.) Since I wanted a card larger than the note cards, I began with the Mat Stack 5 as my card base, but ended up cutting the bottom portion after I finished. I used the same design from the note cards.

 
During SAF, I didn't make a container for them because I wasn't sure about the size of the original note cards since they are too small to be mailed. I thought about mounting them on a 4 by 5  layer of card stock.  After much thought I thought it would just be easier to slip the small envelope into a larger one if my sister really wanted to mail the note card. After a trip to Hobby Lobby to buy the small envelopes, I decided to package them the way Danielle did in her SAF post. This is a beautiful presentation, don't you think?

  I decided to layer the cards in two batches of 4 and lay them horizontally.


  An up-close shot of the details. I used a Copic pen to color the flower.


I need to wrap this up and send it in the mail today so my sister receives it by her birthday a week from today. Thanks for looking.

10 comments:

Tracey McNeely said...

So pretty Carol your sister will love it.

Rhonda said...

Hey Carol! Cute gift set. Your sister will love it.

Darnell said...

That IS a gift, Carol! Your sister will love it!!

Terri said...

Great gift card set. I bet your sister will love it.

Jen Adcock said...

Carol, this is such a pretty note set. Every detail is perfectly finished. Love the color combo. It is definitely one of my faves. Your sister will be thrilled to bits to get this bit of crafty heaven.

Cassie_lu said...

cute gift set.

Anonymous said...

Great little set. Thanks.

Marybeth said...

Hi Carol! I have 6 sisters( well one passed away from cancer 3 years ago) we normally don't exchange gifts either. I love the tag and gift set you made for her. I bet she will love it. Thanks for you kind comments on my blog, you're so sweet!

Kim Heggins said...

This is just so sweet...I love your adorable tin and the sweet little notes. Just too clever, I have to give this a try.

Anonymous said...

Half & Half just jumped into my cart :) I've been putting it off for awhile, but seeing how awesome it is here, I think I really need it!