Friday, July 13, 2012

A Gift Set

     Last week I was busy crafting a birthday gift  for my daughter's mother-in-law.  We get along and celebrate most of the holidays together. We often get together for "ice tea".


Since I hadn't used the new Lovely Layers set yet, I decided to create 8 all occasion cards for her. For the base I used Summer Sunrise, Raspberry Fizz, Hawaiian Shores and Wisteria Purple.

 The striped IP adds some nice background texture.





  I used one of the old PTI boxes as my container since the 8 cards were rather bulky from the flower being propped up.
An up close view of the belly band.

 Thanks for stopping by. Tomorrow I will be sharing the gift bag & tag I put this gift in.


12 comments:

Leah said...

So, so pretty! Love the colors you used and the Lovely Layers set is so pretty...need to use mine! Gorgeous gift:)

Tracey McNeely said...

Carol these are just gorgeous! What a wonderful gift set using the Lovely Layers stamps and dies. She will be absolutely thrilled as would anyone with these cards. I may have to CASe these beauties!

Monica K. said...

Wow, these are gorgeous! Love all the white and the striped background. Beautiful!

Luanne said...

I love your flower! There are just SO many possabilities with this fun set! Yours are gorgeous!

Colleen said...

Beautiful!!

M said...

These are lovely designs, particularly love that embossed background - might have to get that folder! M x

Joyce said...

What a beautiful set. Super idea for the lovely layers. I need to play with mine some more. How nice that you get along so well with your counterpart.

craftmates said...

Gorgeous cards! Love all the diff colours. -- Irma

Jenny said...

Beautiful! What a lovely set. The snowflake-esque burst of leaves were a great idea. I now have the stripes IP on my list!

Rhonda said...

Oh my! Love the set. You may have pushed me over the edge for this stamp set.

Leigh Penner said...

Beautiful! I would never have thought to use those dies without the largest ones, but these flowers look fabulous!

Emma said...

Stunning card set. Lovely Layers really looks fantastic here.