Friday, July 6, 2012

Retrosketches

  It seems like forever since I posted.  Although things have been hectic here, I have been busy working on a project which I plan on posting next week. Right now I want to share the card I made based upon this week's Retrosketches-- #18




  I just love this sketch. I have so many ideas, but only had time to make one card. Since my daughter is celebrating her 8th wedding anniversary I thought I would make an anniversary card. The blue card stock is the same that I used to make her wedding invitations. (Yes, I have card stock that old!!!)  There are 8 hearts; one for each year of marriage.




 I wanted to add more texture to the card so I made the hearts 3D.

 I originally planned on attaching the little hearts on the ribbon tails, but couldn't get my tails in the right position.



I still need to finish the inside, but since I am going to Chicago for the weekend to visit my in-laws, I wanted to submit this card before I left. Thanks for stopping by.

Supplies:
CS: Colormates: Blue; Doodlebug Design: Divine Impressions
Ink: PTI: Blueberry Sky
Die: Heart to Heart; Love Lives Here
Stamp: Fillable Frame #4
Other: 1/4 silk ribbon

4 comments:

Tracey McNeely said...

Oh Carol your pop up hearts are so fantastic, love love the blue.

Joyce said...

Great card. I love those 3-D hearts.

M said...

This is so lovely, and really special that it's the same cardstock - such sentimental memories for you and her! M x

Mara Campbell said...

I love your 3-D hearts and the pretty embossing!!