Saturday, July 21, 2012

Stamp-a-Faire Ribbon

 My neighbor & I tried to make the ribbon flowers via Betsy's tutorial. However, we could not get our ribbon flowers to curl up. So we decided to use Betsy's colorful card layout with paper flowers and Dawn's bow tying technique.

  I just love this color combination.  Who would have ever thought pink & orange would look so great together with a touch of red? Betsy, of course!!!

 For the flowers, I used the Beautiful Blooms die and stamp set. I cut a bit between the petals so I could curl them up some.

After I returned from dinner, I tried Betsy's ribbon flower technique again and by golly I got it to work. I guess I function best after I've had a couple of glasses of wine. Go figure. Look out for a future card containing ribbon flowers, but don't hold your breath. I need to order more ribbon.

1 comment:

Tracey McNeely said...

Fabulous Carol, love those colours.