Sunday, July 15, 2012

Lovely Layers Birthday Card!

  Keeping with the Lovely Layer Flower and impressed stripes theme I used for the  All Occasion Card set  I posted earlier in the week, I made this card to accompany it.


I accidentally deleted the photo of the sentiment behind the zip strip. However, I did stamp it directly on the Hawaiian Shore card stock before impressing it. I originally bought the Striped IP for the side I used on the card set. But since my card was turned horizontally, I had to use the pin stripe side of the IP. Boy, I do love this look.

Seems like I am on a Hawaiian Shore kick lately. I must have had that card stock sitting in my stash for about a year before I recently started using it. Now I can't stop. Thanks for stopping by.

3 comments:

Tracey McNeely said...

Excellent card Carol, aren't those zipper cards so fun?

Joyce said...

What a great card. I love how you are really mixing things up with different sets. I use HS all the time, because it's one of my daughter's favorite colors. That thin side of the striped IP really adds some elegance to your card, too.

Darnell said...

It is such a pretty color, Carol, especially for summer and your card is a dazzler!