Monday, July 16, 2012

Retrosketches # 20

  Happy Monday! I am even happier since I was able to place my PTI order with no problems. One of the first times ever! Wahoo!  Retrosketches continues to present awesome sketches each week. This is the one featured this week.

 
  I am starting my Christmas cards; usually try to do as many as possible in the summer. I send out almost 80 of them.  Last year was one of the few years I made different cards rather than mass producing just one.
 

I stamped BB:Tin Types onto Fine Linen card stock. The faux poinsettia was actually made from the Simply Sunflower and Dahlia dies. The sentiment is from Fillable Frames #4 and the paper is Holiday Flourishes and Swirls..

Since I really like how this card turned out,  I think I will make 9 more. There are so many elements I can assemble watching tv. Thanks for stopping by.

6 comments:

Jenny said...

Very creative poinsettia! It looks great! I hear you about starting Christmas cards in the summer; I am placing my Christmas supply order on Saturday to get the free Natural Beauties set. I'll start on them in August as I already have my design sketches done. ;)

Tracey McNeely said...

Carol this is absolutely stunning. Love those colours!

Joyce said...

This is just gorgeous. I love the colors, and how you were able to make a poinsettia out of a dahlia and a sunflower. Retirement is certainly agreeing with you.

LEG Studios said...

Love your focal flower - its so pretty!

Rhonda said...

Oh Carol. How clever to use the sunflower this way. Turned out so cute.

Teresa Zuehls said...

Gorgeous card! So CAS and I love the rich colors and pretty papers. The flower is gorgeous. TFS