Tuesday, July 17, 2012

Ooh La La


    The dressform from Signature Series is one of my favorites.  However, I don't seem to utilize it as much as I should. I fancied it up a bit by stamping a leaf flourish and adding a gathered ribbon skirt.  I had this pattern paper in my stash and felt it complemented the dressform.  Since I haven't been using the stitched frame die (fogot what it's named)  too much I decided to use it for the sentiment.

Two up close shots of the details.



I think the black edging lends a little vintage flair to the card.

 I really liked the way this card turned out. I hope my neice liked it. Thanks for stopping by.

6 comments:

Rhonda said...

I like it. :) Love the skirt!

craftmates said...

I love b&w cards, so classy!

aimee from craftmates

Joyce said...

This is beautiful. I, too, love that dress frame, and don't use it enough. Great inspiration. I also totally forgot about that little stitched die. It's perfect for this card.

Mara Campbell said...

I like how you fancied up the dress with that ruffled ribbon. It's so pretty. The color combo is so elegant, love the stitching too. Great card!

Emma said...

Great idea to make a little ruffled skirt. Really pretty card.

Cassie_lu said...

beautiful card and I really like the skirt you created for the dress form