Wednesday, July 11, 2012

Retrosketches #19...

   Happy Wednesday.  Whoever thought that a 90 degree day would be welcomed as a "cool" front? I am eagerly awaiting those mid 80's so I can open my windows again and give the AC a bit of relief.
  Retrosketches has become one of my favorite sites. It seems like every week they come up with the neatest sketch. Here is the sketch for this week's challenge.

#19...

 
Here's my take.  I actually used the colors and stamp set premiered from SAF '11 Challenge #1. I haven't used the Iconic Image set too much.

 
Seems like I have been making a bunch of Thank you cards lately. I guess I have a lot to be thankful for. Thanks for stopping by.

Supplies:
CS: Priemier Select White, Harvest Gold, Spring Rain
Ink: Memento: Summer Sky, Cantaloupe, London Fog; PTI: ripe Avacodo
Stamps: Iconic Images, Flower Fusion
Die: Spiral Notebook
Other: PTI: gingham ribbon, button; twine

8 comments:

Tracey McNeely said...

Gorgeous Carol, I always forget about this stamp set.

Joyce said...

What a pretty card. Love those colors. I also don't remember to use this set often enough. Hope you are enjoying retirement.

Darnell said...

What a lovely take on the sketch! Great colors together and so well-executed!

Kim Heggins said...

Such a lovely card, really love the yellow and soft blue together. That gingham ribbon is a wonderful touch, just beautiful.

Terri said...

Pretty card. Love the colors and the stamped background.

Mara Campbell said...

Beautiful! I like the stamped background and how you did the button with the ribbon. And the flowers/pitcher are lovely together!!

Cassie_lu said...

such a sweet card.

Arielle H Gordon said...

Beautiful card Carol - love that ribbon treatment! Thanks so much for playing along with this week's RetroSketch!