Sunday, July 15, 2012

Lovely Layers Birthday Card!

  Keeping with the Lovely Layer Flower and impressed stripes theme I used for the  All Occasion Card set  I posted earlier in the week, I made this card to accompany it.


I accidentally deleted the photo of the sentiment behind the zip strip. However, I did stamp it directly on the Hawaiian Shore card stock before impressing it. I originally bought the Striped IP for the side I used on the card set. But since my card was turned horizontally, I had to use the pin stripe side of the IP. Boy, I do love this look.

Seems like I am on a Hawaiian Shore kick lately. I must have had that card stock sitting in my stash for about a year before I recently started using it. Now I can't stop. Thanks for stopping by.

3 comments:

Tracey McNeely said...

Excellent card Carol, aren't those zipper cards so fun?

Joyce said...

What a great card. I love how you are really mixing things up with different sets. I use HS all the time, because it's one of my daughter's favorite colors. That thin side of the striped IP really adds some elegance to your card, too.

Darnell J Knauss said...

It is such a pretty color, Carol, especially for summer and your card is a dazzler!